Sunday, November 7, 2010

OUR Gender Reveal Party

Well Saturday Nov. 6th was probably one of the most exciting days of our lives so far! We found out the gender of our soon to be bundle of joy!

We went to the doctor Friday and had our 3rd Ultra-sound. They asked if we wanted to know what we were having and we said Yes, but... we explained that we were wanting to find out with our family and friends. The doctor was so excited and said she would write it on a piece of paper and seal it for us in an envelope.


We had a blast seeing Baby's pics in 4d - (she wasn't really supposed to be doing it in 4d but she said Baby was in a good position and she felt like doing it for us) so here's a few pics of what we saw:

A shy little baby...


A new member of P90X (as seen by the bulging biceps below:)


The wait was tough, but Saturday finally came.

Ty laughed at my idea of food for the party. It was my top 3 Cravings from the first 3 months of my pregnancy!

The Banner:

Craving #1 - This was the first thing I started craving and it went on until Ty banned me from Taco Bell. Sorry Amber - I promise had I been back home it would have been Taco Villa. This is as close as I could get!



Craving # 2 - This began because my friend Sarah (the other cute baby belly-ed girl in the pics) was sick one day and stayed home from work so I decided to work from her house while watching an old chick flick with her. Her craving that day was for Tomato Basil Soup & a grilled cheese. Well... the grilled cheese (plus avocado) was already a craving in month 2, but the tomato soup was the perfect combo. That day started craving # 2.


Craving # 3 - was Ty's LEAST favorite. He tried so hard to keep me from eating the box of brownies that I dreamed about for a week, but in the end he showed up with 3 boxes of brownie mix and a gallon of milk for me. Turns out it wasn't really the brownies I was after but the milk. I can't drink milk plain, but with a plate of brownies I can drink TONS of milk!


The drinks were done by color:

Blue Gatorade (yes I misspelled it) for Team Boy


Pink lemonade for Team Girl


For your information the food was a huge hit! Everyone seemed to enjoy my funny cravings. Of course all my cute setup couldn't have been possible without Marlene's help! (and everyone that showed up early or on time but early in Danielle-time and helped setup - so basically thanks to everyone for helping!)

A pic of us before we devoured all the food!


Then came the fun part... the big reveal. Now we know this wasn't as big of a deal to everyone as it was for us, but it was really special that this is how we found out. It was so much fun to get to share this moment with everyone near and far! Thanks to everyone who viewed us online during and even after the event!

If you still want to see it click HERE to come to our party. If you want to fast forward to the cupcake revealing part move the cursor to the 1 hour and 2 minute mark.

Before we reveal the color on the blog. Let's meet the teams:

TEAM PINK:



TEAM BLUE:



Now to the good part.

The cupcakes were delivered right before the party began (so I would have NO time to peek) Thanks to Rose for filling and icing these for us! These were the highlight of the party...literally!!


Yes - of course there were cakeballs at the party. Specially made from that amazing new company in LA called Kruffles!


We counted to 3 and took a bite of the special pink or blue filled cupcakes...


...and found out that the cupcakes...


were indeed filled with...BLUE icing!


We are having a Baby Boy!

Tabor Touchstone we can't wait to meet you!

A few other fun pics. Here's Sarah & I comparing Baby Bumps. Gabriel & Tabor usually LOVE when we belly bump and let them play together.

Yes I'm standing on a Baby toilet in order to be as tall as Sarah.


Best dressed award went to Matt! Unfortunately his team did not win this time, but he got the award for most creative costume!


I'll update this blog if I get more pictures. Otherwise, now everyone knows Baby Caby finally has turned into Baby Tabor. (Although I believe Caby may stick with him forever)

3 comments:

  1. Tear Tear! I am sooooo excited for you guys. Eager to meet Tabor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun and cute party! I only wish I was there in person! It's funny we've had some of the same cravings. I LOVED bean burritos (but from Taco Villa!) and even now, hours or days from delivering, I cannot get enough MILK. I think I drank an entire gallon of chocolate milk in 2 days. Not kidding. Maybe that means Quin and Tabor will be buff! Love you and that sweet baby in your tum tum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!!! We had a blast all crowded around the computer...including Sydney and Kota! :) I only wish I could have been there in person to eat the tasty food and celebrate with all of you! Ted is THRILLED, too. He claims that "everyone is having a girl" so you have made him really excited...and put the pressure on us, ha!

    ReplyDelete