Monday, April 11, 2011

Tabor Nolan Touchstone

He's here! He's perfect. He's ours!

Wow what an amazing last few days. Monday I came in to be induced but as you've read my body was very sensitive to the hormones and quickly sent me into labor. They stopped the meds 10hrs early because instead of every 5min or so I was having back to back contractions. I wasn't allowed to have an epidural because I had not dilated so you can imagine the fun I had.

The next day they started the pitocin to speed labor up. Since I'd spent the night in labor we were hopeful it would work. Well sure enough my body was again very reactive to the pitocin and I was soon having back to back contractions again. The problem was that I had not dilated any though. The doctor realized that I'd been through enough and sent the anesthesiologist to give me an epidural.

I had been scared of the epidural but turned out it wasnt as painful as I'd anticipated. Although he had to do it twice (the first time he put it in he hit a blood vessel because my contractions were so close together he had to try and time it to go in between the blood vessels and well hit one because they were so close). The worst part was him numbing the area. After that it made me so numb to the pain that it was all very much worth it!

I continued in labor the rest of the day. They lowered the pitocin so the contractions were farther apart. Finally at around 2pm the doctor talked to us about what was going on and what our options were. We had been discussing the progress (or lack thereof) all day but finally we discussed the next step. Our option was to come back in a week and try the same thing again. He believed that we'd have the same results and have to do a c-section a week later or go ahead with a c-section that day. Since my body had been in labor for so long he didn't think that the baby was small enough to fit through my pelvis and that really every scenario pointed at a c-section as the outcome.

We decided to go ahead with the c-section. They stopped my meds and I continued go be in labor until 5:30 which when the c-section had been scheduled for. (which in the end turned out to be the only way for him because his head was indeed too large to pass through).

The rest is now history. I do remember that the 2 most amazing moments were hearing his cry for the first time and when they placed him on me right after.

Tabor Nolan Touchstone
Born on April 5th, 2011
7lbs 15oz
19 inches long

I already love this little guy more than I ever thought possible.

1 comment: