Friday, June 8, 2012

and a baker is born...

If you haven't tasted the apple cake I make...well you haven't lived. Angela gave me this recipe while we lived in London and oh my gosh... it is wonderful. 

My mom asked if I could make it for Ilka and the fam as a gift so I decided to train Tabor (as I'm determined that he'll be the family chef someday).

He was a natural. I handed him a measuring cup, the ingredients and read the instructions which he followed perfectly. ;-)



He checked the firmness of the batter before adding the apples and decided it was perfect.


He checked the taste...


a few times...


and after adding the apples...checked the taste a few more times (moving from one finger to his entire hand) until he decided it was perfect. I don't have a picture of the final product, but needless to say it turned out delish and Tabor is now a trained baker.


He even helped with the dishes. Next I need him to learn to make dinner! :-)


2 comments:

  1. wow, good job tabor!!!! we have eaten when we are in LA and tabor was in your belly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Tabor! Now please come to my house to make muffins. I have all the ingredients, but haven't been motivated to bake yet :)

    ReplyDelete